Betreuerin (w) für deutsch-türkisches Jugendcamp (29.7.-13.8.2017)
|Online seit|| |
03.07.2017 - 16:37
AFS is an international, non-governmental, non for profit organization offering experience-based learning opportunities to young people to help them develop intercultural skills and a more global perspective on issues of global interest.
With our Global Prep Summer Sessions, we offer international summer camps for groups of high schoolers (age 14-17) from different countries at different cities in Germany. The groups of 20 to 30 participants will be accommodated in youth hostels and will experience a carefully planned program of workshops, excursions, day trips and fun activities. Working language at camps is English.
For our Intercultural Science Lab from July 29 to August 13 in Braunschweig with participants from Turkey and Germany we seek a
Volunteer Camp Counselor (f)
Camp Counselors will
- work in a group of four camp counselor
- live with the group on site and be available for issues concerning individual and group needs and well-being
- accompany and guide the group in their overall program of workshops, excursions, day trips, and fun activities, including using public transport to get around with the group
- run daily intercultural reflections according to a set curriculum.
Expectations towards applicants:
- At least 19 years old
- Available for the full length of the camp
- Proven experience of working with international youth groups, preferably in a camp leader position
- Basic knowledge of intercultural concepts and models
- Interest in the session’s topic
- Stress-resilient, team-player, with a talent for logistics and travel
- Able to listen and speak comfortably in English, fluency in German is a must
- Knowledge of the Turkish language is a plus
All applicants will be asked to present a certificate of good conduct (police clearance) as well as a First Aid Certificate.
Art der Beschäftigung
Firmen- und Kontaktdaten
AFS Interkulturelle Begegnungen e.V.
Frau Annika Wolfgram
+49 40 39922231
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |