Universitätsmedizin Göttingen | Department of Dermatology and Allergology
PhD-student position (m/f/d) in skin immunology
- Online seit 18.11.2020
The PhD student will work on the research project "3D ImmunoSkin", funded by the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL), and can be started immediately. This joint research project involves researchers from the industry (Henkel) and from academia (University of Osnabrück).
- Establishment and validation of two immunocompetent human three-dimensional full-thickness skin model in close scientific collaboration with cooperation partners from industry and academia
- One model will be established from cell lines, the second model will be developed by the partners from primary skin cells
- Establishment of primary immune cells into these 3D skin models (PBMCs from patient’s blood)
- Molecular differentiation of human PBMC and characterization of specific surface antigens by flow cytometry and molecular biological and biochemical methods
- Analysis of the integration of differentiated Langerhans cell equivalents into a 3D full skin model using confocal microscopy and multiplexing technologies
- After human immune cells are established in the 3D skin models: Use as in vitro model for triggering allergic skin reactions with immune cells from allergic patients.
Qualifications and experience:
- you hold a very good master or diploma degree in natural science
- you have experience with cell culture techniques and flow cytometry
- you are interested in aspects of skin immunology, allergy and 3D tissue models
- experience with confocal microscopy will be advantageous
- you have good IT and communication skills in English
- you are team- and goal-oriented
- readiness to travel
Please send an electronic form of your application including CV; certificate of school education, diploma, master etc.; description of your lab experience; short abstract of your master or diploma work and contact details of two references until the 15th of December 2020 to Prof. Dr. Timo Buhl. Please send your application only via e-mail as a single PDF-file.
Travel and application fees cannot be refunded or transferred.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- salary according to TV-L
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universitätsmedizin Göttingen
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Department of Dermatology and Allergology
- 37099 Göttingen, Deutschland
- Herr Prof. Dr. Timo Buhl