Job Breeder for Line Development Hybrid Rye (m/f/d)
- Online seit 24.03.2021
Are you passionate about plant breeding and eager to take on responsibility? Then join our team at KWS LOCHOW GmbH in Wohlde-Bergen, Germany as a Breeder for Line Development Hybrid Rye (m/f/d). This position is permanent and full-time.
These will be your key tasks and areas of responsibility:
- Planning and supervising line-development activities in our breeding station in Wohlde as well as coordination and optimization of line-development processes across breeding stations in Germany and Poland.
- Maintenance breeding of our hybrid components based on phenotypic and marker data assessment and analysis.
- Selection and management of seed origins for product development.
- Development and optimization of line-development technologies for greenhouse and field.
- Design and analysis of experiments to answer relevant breeding questions relating to line development.
- Management of germplasm and nursery data.
- Supervise assistant breeders for line development in Germany and Poland.
- You will report to the head of rye breeding.
Bring in your strengths:
- Master or Ph.D. in plant breeding or related field.
- 2 - 3 years of practical experience in breeding or as a breeding scientist.
- Strong background in breeding methods and breeding technology applications.
- Know-how in marker technology and marker-assisted selection.
- Experience in design and analysis of experiments.
- Good knowledge of general-purpose statistics packages (e.g. R) and database management is of advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and basic communication skills in German. We offer German language training for non-German speakers.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Willingness to travel, and to collaborate across cultures and disciplines.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Unbefristet, ab Donnerstag, 01 Apr. 2021
- KWS Lochow Gmbh
- Ferdinand-von-Lochow-Straße 5
- 29303 Bergen, Deutschland
- Frau Cristina Toma